What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So much to discuss from today's messages, some of my own, too.

@Zippo I am sorry to heard you have flooding, again. Last week we had abnormal storm activity here in Manitob and the Southern part of the province received +/- 8 inches of rain over several days. Typically we might get that over the course of the entire summer. Keep you feet dry, eat chicken soup, think warm thoughts and get well.

@EZONSLOW The comfort of pipe smoking as a ritual/habit is undeniable. I have often simply enjoyed the act of smoking when I could not enjoy the flavour or aroma of my pipe tobacco. Rest well, recharge yourself, and embrace the small pleasures.

@Swede I rarely see chipmunks here in Manitoba. But I did see a largish Garter snake today, 20-24 inches. They are migrating to Narcisse, Manitoba to their local hibernaculum. Narcisse is quite famous for this phenomenon and also spring emergence.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MjS6k0hEts&ved=2ahUKEwjkqYeb5dyIAxWxlYkEHV-RMBMQtwJ6BAgEEAI&usg=AOvVaw2v7tIR_igrN6WlgGw8QwJS
There is some incredible footage if you can bear with the schlocky presenter. It helps to turn down the sound.

Today was my father's birthday so I went out to the farm to pay my respects. I go for Father's Day and his birthday to have a smoke and think things over, that's where I saw the Garter snake. I shared a blend of Velvet and CH in my Brigham Voyageur bent apple with him. I'm home now, have eaten dinner and am smoking some Byzantium in my Rossi Canadian sitter, Dad preferred Old Chum and Old Port. He wasn't much for Latakia or Turkish. It was a good day for me, please excuse the enormous post.

Attachments

• Rossi 8812 Canadian.JPG
    Rossi 8812 Canadian.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • Brigham 129 Voyageur.jpg
    Brigham 129 Voyageur.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Last edited: