What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Second coffee and I'm having Pegasus in my Rattray's. Going out for groceries soon, then my brother's to lend him a hand on his yard.

Attachments

• Rattray's 107 Dark Ale.jpg
    Rattray's 107 Dark Ale.jpg
    1.7 MB
Good morning BoBs. Just dropping in to say hello. Wishing I could report that I was enjoying a big bowl of Urban Cowboy, but throat is so sore I don't dare do anything to make it worse. At least I can enjoy warm coffee which helps soothe it somewhat. One more week of radiation treatments then a couple of weeks rest before I start chemo again. Still following you guys. Jealous when I read about what you're smoking, lol. Hopefully, I will be able to join you again in a couple of months. Have a great weekend my friends.

Starting off my smoking day with a bowl of pre-2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Watching the Guardians-Tigers game. Ice water and bergs is my drink. All the ferals ate except for the absent Abner the Eager. He'll show up before long.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

I've had a bit of a slow down on my bowls. I decided to make my own wood stain from tung oil, pine tar, and turpentine, and use it on a building. This is it on tulip poplar wood siding with my MM General on top of a piece of the unstained lumber. So far, I like it. Tung oil is supposed to be more water resistant and durable with less color skewing toward yellow than boiled linseed oil. My tobacco will be Amphora Original.
20241005_124719.jpg

Enjoyed a tall stack of cinnamon raisin French toast with a golden delicious apple on the side. I'm a third of the way through this bowl of year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Gold Star Jamaican Estate Reserve, neat, is my drink. Watching the Guardians-Tigers game and DVRing the other baseball games so I don't miss anything.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

Close to finishing this bowl of year 2020 C&D Virginia Flake in a straight medium brown 1922-1937 Irish Free State era Peterson 222 bullcap with a sterling silver band and a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Watching the Phillies-Mets game.
Irish Free State bullcap_222.jpg

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and green beans dinner with strawberries. I'm almost half way through this bowl of year 2010 Full Virginia Flake in a straight 1968 Dunhill Shell bulldog with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink. I'm way behind watching the Royals-Yankees game because one of my best friends who lives in Asheville was finally able to call me, and tell me that he and his lady are doing fine after the awful storms. They found good shelter in another city, and their home wasn't damaged. I am so relieved to hear that news, and the news that a few other friends who live around there are alright.
Dunhill_1968Bulldog.jpg

A quarter of the way through this bowl of year 2012 St. James Flake in a 1980, 83 medium bend black sandblasted silver band Peterson Donegal 80S Bulldog with a black vulcanite p-lip stem. This is one of the weirdest pipes that I own. I bought it for $29.95 at my local Tinderbox during the Christmas holidays in 1980. Sounds okay, right? The silver hallmark dates it as 1983. Just strange.
Peterson_80S_Donegal_Bulldog.jpg