What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and snow peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I've passed the first third of this bowl of year 2012 Stonehaven in a straight black sandblasted 1957 Barling Exel 249 Fossil T.V.F. black billiard with a silver banded military mount and a black ebonite tapered stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink. Watching the Dodgers-Mets game.
Barling_249.jpg

Enjoyed a tasty golden delicious apple, and am a quarter of the way through this bowl of year 2020 Pfeifen Huber Virginia Golden Flake in a 1938 smooth straight brown patent Dunhill R 115 bowling ball apple with a tapered cumberland stem.
Dunhill_1938_bowling-Left.jpg

Half way through this bowl of Watch City American Cut Plug Mixture in a straight smooth brown undated Gesandt Canadian Made in England with a tapered black vulcanite stem. This pipe was originally owned by Poul Schluter, who was the Prime Minister of Denmark from 1982-1993. I can tell that I got the aro ghost out of this pipe.

@Eutychus , this is the pipe I teased about being special a while back.
Gesandt.jpg

Half way through this bowl of Watch City American Cut Plug Mixture in a straight smooth brown undated Gesandt Canadian Made in England with a tapered black vulcanite stem. This pipe was originally owned by Poul Schluter, who was the Prime Minister of Denmark from 1982-1993. I can tell that I got the aro ghost out of this pipe.

@Eutychus , this is the pipe I teased about being special a while back.
View attachment 22348
Thanks @JimInks! I am eager to hear "... and now the rest of the story" a la Paul Harvey.

Good morning BoB!
With the cooling weather, I can't help myself from getting excited about the oncoming holidays. That same weather soaked my car seats when I left my windows down last night though, oops.
I smoked a bowl of John Patton's Storm Front while walking to work. This blend has everything I wanted out of Vermont Meat Candy but didn't get.

Half way through this bowl of pre-2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Just fed all the ferals except for the absent Abner he Eager. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Thanks @JimInks! I am eager to hear "... and now the rest of the story" a la Paul Harvey.
Not much else to tell you. It was a gift from a friend. I did a favor for him, and told him that he was not allowed to retaliate. He did anyway, the low down knock kneed, pigeon toed varmit! :) He bought it from The Danish Pipe Shop, who were selling Schluter's pipes after he passed away.

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and have about a quarter of a bowl left of year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. The last of this bag of Gold Star Jamaican Estate Reserve, neat, is my drink. Getting ready to clean a few pipes.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

Today is a slow day if work, so since I work from home right now, I got all my pipes out and gave them a good cleaning. Last year, I bought a reaming tool but had never used it, so I figured since everything tastes bad right now it'd be a good time to put it to use.

The Savinelli I've got loaded below used to be my best smoker, but everything is sour in it now. Even after the cleaning it's not so great.
2024-10-1715.17.53305952740353585557.jpg

Here are all my pipes, minus the one above. The racks are just baseball cap holders turned sideways.
2024-10-1715.17.154699998215954709113.jpg

Just finishing this bowl of year 2018 Mac Baren HH Burley Flake in a straight smooth dark brown 1918 Pre-Republic Peterson’s Dublin 2 apple with a silver band and a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. Watching the Guardians-Yankees game.
Peterson_PR_Dublin2_apple.jpg

A quarter of the way through this bowl of year 2020 Sam Gawith Brown No. 4 in a 1986 three quarter bend Bacchus face CAO meer with a dark tortoise shell colored tapered acrylic stem. Forgot I had some of this.
CAO-Bacchus.jpg