What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's still nice outside, so I'm having Sutliff Black Cordial in a non-branded "Imported Briar" straight apple with acrylic saddle stem.

20240406_092344.jpg

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and have a third of a bowl left of Ken Byron Ventures Jim’s Special Flake 2023 in a 1984 black rusticated full bend Peterson Mark Twain military mount egg with a silver cap and tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. Gold Star Jamaica Blue Mountain, neat, is my drink. Have enough left for a cup or two. Watching the Guardians stage a big comeback, and they are leading the Royals 7-5 in the 8th. Got a whole bunch of Per G. Jensen DFK, and Bold&Strong (Rustica) bulk today. Dunno what to do with it all since it's more than I'll smoke.
View attachment 21128
Send it my way, LOL.

Good morning fellow BoBs. It's cheating Thursday with a short bowl of Urban Cowboy in a Pete Kinsdale Rhodesian with a mug of CR coffee. Taste is a bit off, probably due to the radiology treatments, but still good. Jim, just kidding about the tobacco, have more than I will likely ever smoke, especially now that I have to cut back somewhat. BTW, I have 3 meers by I. Baglin, all great smokers. Have a great day my friends. Time to head off to the radiology center.

Good morning,
I was up early and out running errands,I smoked a Pete XL90,capt black original on that run,Now smoking a Pete Bakersville,PS b&b #23,mug of 8 o`clock coffee. I am trying to get the lawns mowed early while it`s cool out, My wife just reminded me that the kitchen cabinets still need to be De greased...
Ranger, I have used Murphy`s oil soap in the past,with excellent results, I bought a new bottle this morning. Hopefully,if my back holds out-I get it done today!

Starting off my smoking day with a bowl of pre-2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Getting ready to watch the Angels-Tigers game.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Cool rainy morning, prepped the course for a tourney. Big elm split in half overnight, high winds boss let us off early due to tourney. The course looks like a roving carnival right now. 🙄 Having a beer and a bowl of Velvet in my Gent while I wait for lunch to warm. I'll try to remember to bring the camera home to get pics of the new pipes, perhaps share some of the course features with you all, too.
watch-this-space.gif

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am smoking year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. The last of this bag of Gold Star Jamaica Blue Mountain Dark Roast, neat, is my drink. Getting ready to clean a few pipes.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

Smoking a Bari Wking, long ,bent Rhodesian, PS sweet vanilla,Folgers k-cup. I got the lawns done& I was doing ok physically! As I was carrying the ladder out of the garage, I got a warning from my back,So my day is over as far as work is concerned. The kitchen cabinets have to wait-again!

A third of the way through this bowl of year 2013 Capstan Blue Flake in an approx. year 1935 small, straight smooth dark brown Irish Free State K&P (Peterson) billiard with a shamrock nickel cap military mount and tapered black vulcanite stem. This finishes the tin. I'll revisit this blend later. The thunderstorms have moved in, so no more walking today. I just managed to get the trash and recycle cans to the street before the rain came. I also brought Daisy the Feral Princess and Abner the Eager in so they wouldn't have to deal with the weather. Tomato the Brave is hiding somewhere, and unfortunately, I can't let Harry the Hairy in because he doesn't play well with other cats. Now, I'm going to finish reading yesterday's baseball box scores.
Irish Free State_MMbilliard_1935.jpg

Half way through this bowl of year 2014 Uhle’s 00 in a straight smooth brown post-WW2 LHS Purex Superfine 74 Canadian with a metal screw-in tenon and a tapered black vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Sleepy Suzy is by my side. Molly Danger is snoozin' under a blanket in the bedroom.
LHS Purex Superfine 74 Canadian.jpg

Now smoking year 2021 first production Watch City Simply Orange Virginia in a black sandblast medium bend Peterson POTY 4AB No. 182/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Watching the Braves-Phillies game.
4AB_Sandblast_left.jpg

I just finished dinner, BBQ st. Louis ribs,etc.
Smoking a Pete Baker street,Sutlff vanilla /maple,Mc Cafe k-cup,taking some verbal abuse from the wife about my back condition... Sadly ,when I am in pain I am not a patient person!

Delaying until sundown with a bowl of Carolina Red Flake in a Savinelli Trevi 320EX and waiting to start watering landcape plants, as we need rain badly. It was 100F today, and two people not 10 minutes from me recently died likely of heat related causes. One man (late 40's) was in a tobacco field cutting, while the other was a 15 yo who was jogging. We are praying for the families. The tobacco farmers are cutting until 11 am then break before returning at 4 pm to nearly 8, and they certainly know how risky this work is at these temperatures.

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and sugar snap peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. Half way through this bowl of year 2019 Seattle Pipe Club Deception Pass plug in a smooth straight brown late 1930s Linkman’s Dr. Grabow Deluxe Bruyere 9703B pot with a nickel accent and a black tapered vulcanite stem. Watching the Braves-Phillies game with Sleepy Suzy by my side.
Linkman's_Dr. Grabow_Deluxe9703B_pot.jpg