What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m up early and enjoying the a cup of Folger’s Colombian coffee, KBV Burley Morning Pipe, and some books to read.

IMG_0057.jpeg

A third of a bowl left of year 2014 Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match in a 2002 smooth top, black sandblasted quarter bend military mount Karl Erik Ekstravagant horn with a horn insert in the ferrule and black acrylic stem. Reading baseball box scores.
Karl_Erik_horn.jpg

Last smoke of the day is first release Watch City Rhythm & Blues in a straight smooth brown 1920s-30s Sasieni patent 8 dot Marborough lovat with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Just fed Harry the Hairy again. Everybody else is snoozin'. Dunno where Abner the Eager is. Sleepy Suzy is by my side as she often is.
Sasieni_8Dot_Lovat.jpg

I know I promised to only smoke on weekends, buy as it is a long weekend I'm not really cheating, or am I, lol. Anyway having a bowl of 2017 Frog Morton in a 2012 Aldo Velani POTY. 1/4 bent flame grain dublin. Jim Beam peach bourbon on the side. Too sweet, not a good match for the tobacco. But the Frog Morton is good. Radiation and chemo tomorrow so gonna be a long day. But right now all is good, lol. Have a fun week my friends. Zippo, didn't mean you were a Hobbit, just that I am not. Been so long since I saw LOTR not even sure what a Hobbit is, LOL.
How do you feel Sir? I saw this post was from Monday.

How do you feel Sir? I saw this post was from Monday.
Ralph, thanks for the inquiry. I was very tired yesterday after the chemo, but feeling much better this morning after a good night's sleep. Good enough to head out to the ranch later and ride Cochise for a while. You have a great day.

Back home in God’s country. I dunno if I ever want to go back to the city, the most uncomfortable place I’ve been lately. On the front porch as the sun is rising, have the Ascorti bulldog View attachment 21305with PA fired up.
Dreamer, understand completely. We occasionally have to make a jaunt down to the valley, i.e. PHX. Total PITA. Bad drivers, intense traffic congestion, idiots on every street corner, everyone in a mad rush to get nowhere, many places hard to find, etc. Can't wait to get back home on the mountain.

Starting off my smoking day with a bowl of pre-2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am smoking year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Getting ready to visit somebody in need.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

I broke out the MM Emergent as I cleaned all of my pipes with stiff bristles soaked in alcohol and reaming most of them out. All seemed to be a little tired and needed some drying time. I’m going to try to get by for a week just using a couple. View attachment 21309
Yours still looks better than mine Dreamer, the green stem is a stronger accent. Your bowl stain is more regular and deeper, too. I still think it is a great looking pipe.

Attachments

• MM Re-Gent.JPG
    MM Re-Gent.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 0