What are you snuffing?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried a sniff of Wilsons Sunset (non-tobacco, mentholated, strawberry flavored). Interesting.

It has some guarana in it, supposed to have a caffeine like effect from the guarana...I probably drink too much coffee. I didn't get anything like that out of it. But it smelled nice and all

Old Mill Fleur de Cafe.

Interesting snuff, a bit of a rough grind though.

Good Morning with Gawith Apricot

brought the Poschl Grado in my pocket...

WoS Rose followed rather quickly by WoS Cherry Menthol. Makes an interesting combo.

Just occurred to me I should have waited! The Drs waiting room really isn't the best place to snuff. Oh well.

huffelpuff":hsgkn129 said:
Just occurred to me I should have waited! The Drs waiting room really isn't the best place to snuff. Oh well.
Funny, I did the same thing last week. Although, not in the waiting room, but shortly before my appointment.

Old mill Nocturne

Definitely more tobacco forward than the others I've tried thus far...

Nice dark tobacco, a little Latakia/oriental smokiness, hints of chocolate, spices and a warm "hum" of a burn, not a tingle like the mentholated stuff

Drier than the Poschl's, slightly more moist than some of the McChrystals.

Do you get the dark chocolate/cherry/coffee bean thing? That's what I get, mostly. But then mine was a small sample thing and I'm not sure it gave a full bore fresh experience...the flavors being really muted compared to the Tins of Marlin Spike & Tempete.

Blackhorse":djsieixk said:
Do you get the dark chocolate/cherry/coffee bean thing? That's what I get, mostly. But then mine was a small sample thing and I'm not sure it gave a full bore fresh experience...the flavors being really muted compared to the Tins of Marlin Spike & Tempete.
Those flavors were pretty secondary to me, I'm getting the Latakia/oriental up front, which aren't my favorite in pipe tobaccos. So, we'll see how it goes after I give it a fair shot.

Definitely more nic than the others I've had, too

The Latakia forward thing was what I feared, and held me back from ordering it. Glad I didn't now. His new blend, Rat Bastard, is supposed to be very similar but no Latakia. I'm very, very happy with the Marlin Spike and Tempete.

Hummmmm.............was really hoping it was more coffee, cherry, chocolate. May wait for the Rat Bastard. Thanks for the heads up!

Glad to hear the OM Limoncello is good though. That was the one I was most concerned about. Limon can be oh so nasty if not done right. Last thing I want is to be snorting limon pledge. Yuck!

Status
Not open for further replies.