What are you snuffing?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying Old Mill Moulin rouge.

Nice dark cherry on a tobacco base. Reminiscent of a nice cherry pipe tobacco. But less sweet.

Making my nose run though

Old Mill Evangeline. This one has really grown on me. Although it's one of those that causes incessant nose running. Must be the perique.

Toque Berwick Brown. Totally natural, kind of barn yardish, totally pleasing. Surprising in its grind for a Toque...very close to Viking, but more dry. Just lovely.

Viking Brown. Interesting relative of Viking dark, this one is less dark and more coarsly ground. Has that smokey tinge of Viking Dark but with more of a barnyard aroma which I guess is characteristic of the South African snuffs. Strength seems on a par with Viking Dark...but all the above are just quick impressions as this is our first date, um, so to speak.

I can't imagine this taking the place of Viking Dark, but should provide and nice change of pace.

Oh! And being in the Sam Gawith sealed tin...with the little 'woosh' on opening...it is totally fresh. Nice.

Blackhorse":oylcou8r said:
Is it "blackberry brandy cream" like its pipeweed counterpart?
The snuff tin aroma is much is much more potent that the pipe tobacco version    The blackberry + brandy is really in your face.    It's the same when I first inhale the snuff ... lots of initial flavor.   Then it gradually subsides to more a more subtle dark fruit and spice mixture.

G&H Tia Maria. Almost a dead ringer for Viking Dark. Goes nicely with the London Mixture I am smoking.

Cool...hufflepuff did a breakfast parfait!  Mine was like steak & eggs...Viking Dark.

-------------------

I wonder if doing one blend on the left and a different blend on the right would make you cross-eyed?

Status
Not open for further replies.