What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Near the last quarter of this bowl of year 2002 F&T Cut Virginia Plug in a straight smooth brown 1920s LHS Purex double patent no. 1587048 and 19085630 Real Briar Root Silver Circle 42 apple with a tapered black vulcanite stem. I may end the day with this smoke. Been dealing with various cat dramas. The li'l orange fella's by my side now even though Sleepy Suzy doesn't like it. I'll make it up to her.
LHS Purex_SilverCircle42-apple.jpg

It's a cool 60° and breezy, but sunny and not a cloud in the sky. After the morning ritual I plan to stake my tomatoes and do some lawn work. Right now it's KBV Burley Morning Pipe in the Jansen's N.O. bent volcano with saddle stem, a cup of Colombian coffee and a book. I'm nearly out of KBV BMP, but it should be replenished this Sat.
20240529_081334.jpg

Almost half way through this bowl of pre-2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Had a very busy day. Ran a few errands, and had an eye doctor appointment. I was pleased to learn that I still have 20/20 vision. Here's my earlier smokes:

Enjoyed my usual walking rep smokes: year 2016 D&R Three Sails in an undated straight brush etched black Molina apple with a nickel band and a tapered black vulcanite stem...
Molina_Apple.jpg

....and year 2015 D&R A.B. Rimboche in an undated slight bend, smooth flame grain Wessex Standard egg with a brown accent on the black vulcanite saddle stem.
Wessex_bent.jpg

In between, I smoked a bowl of year 2012 Rolando’s Own in a smooth straight early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem.
Conrad_apple-thumbnail copy.jpg

Currently, I am close to finishing this bowl of year 2007 Astley’s No. 109 in a straight smooth brown circa 1950s-60s BBB Contrast 506 Canadian with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. The world's latest lunch follows this smoke.
BBB_Contrast506_Canadian.jpg

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and green beans dinner with strawberries for dessert. I just finished smoking year 2016 Wessex Gold Brick in an undated straight black sandblasted Kevin Arthur brandy with a multi-colored accent on the white acrylic saddle stem. This pipe was originally owned by Sante “FishnBanjo” Guiliani. Watching the Braves-Nats game.
Kevin Arthur Brandy.jpg

The missus and I are outside this very pleasant evening. She's drinking Cabernet, I'm drinking hibiscus tea and vodka. I'm smoking Sutliff Rum & Maple in a non-branded "Imported Briar" straight apple with acrylic saddle stem. We're listening to a "Best of Oscar Peterson" playlist on Spotify.
20240406_092344.jpg

No pipe for me tonite, too much at work. I have two days of good weather to work with so I'm desperately trying to get a week's planting done while I can. Some beds on the course are still flooded and rain is forecast again for tomorrow evening/night. We continue to have nightly temperatures which pose a risk of frost. Not a good spring here in Manitoba, wet and cold. I do have an assistant for planting this year. It's a blessing, she is competent and a steady worker - a genuine help. That has been a rarity in my experience here, most "gardeners" on golf courses here are nothing but nubile eye-candy without a schitt-hot clue.

@JimInks I love the grain on that BBB Canadian. A marvelous pipe.

Last edited:
Passing the first third of this bowl of year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

Off to work to touch up the pages on this Archie story I did with a bowl of year 2020 D&R Raccoon’s Delight in my very reliable smooth straight post-1938 pre-Republic Peterson Sterling Canadian 263 with a sterling silver band and a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem.
Peterson_PR_Canadian_Sterling263.jpg

Finished that job, and am smoking aged Rattrays Hal O’ The Wynd in a straight smooth brown pre-WWII (Comoy’s) Corinthian De-Luxe 126 pot made for Sutliff in San Francisco with a black tapered vulcanite stem. Watching the Yankees-Angels game that I've been listening to while I worked. The orange fella is by my side. Long Tail is snozzin' on my feet.
Comoy's_Sutliff_CorinthianDe-Luxe_126 pot .jpg