What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Off to work with a bowl of year 2020 D&R VIP in a 2004 smooth long shank Trever Talbot Ligne Bretagne Faite en Bretagne 4/3 lumberman with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Listening to the Giants-Dodgers game.
Trever_Talbot_LigneBretagne3:4_Lumberman.jpg

Good evening fellow BoBs. Had a wonderful dinner of filet mignon, baked potato, and salad. Picked up at Costco today for $13.99/lb. As good or better than any $40 restaurant fare. Now having 2017 McClelland Frog Morton in a Bari Wiking acquired from EZ. Good smoker but a little heavy. Not a clincher, lol. Leftover merlot from dinner aside. Decent wine but not great. Won't buy again. Still 80 on the patio but not too bad. Have a good night my friends.

Half way through this bowl of Wilke No. 515 in a 1998 smooth straight Butz-Choquin Bistro 1501 pot with a black vulcanite saddle stem. This was the original 515 that Basil Rathbone smoked. I'll end the day with this smoke. Fed my cats, and spent the first half of this smoke feeding all the ferals except for Abner the Eager. I didn't see him today.
Butz-Choquin1501_Bistro_Pot.jpg

Good morning, BoBs! Gardening and lunch with mother today. Getting started with my Breakfast of Champions. May have to order a few cobs for work, the two I have are getting sour, it doesn't work well to use alcohol treatment on them. I've tried and the results were catastrophic. I clean them and dry them weekly but it doesn't keep up when they smoke 3-4 bowls a day. A drier tobacco would slow it down, Pegasus is moist compared with codger blends. I plan to have five for next year, I'll mark them with model paint on the stem to identify them and rotate them one day on six days off. Anyway,I will return later

Attachments

• MM C&D Charlestowne Cobbler.jpg
    MM C&D Charlestowne Cobbler.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • MM Legend 5th Avenue.jpg
    MM Legend 5th Avenue.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Another warm morning made pleasant by a nice breeze. I'm enjoying KBV Burley Morning Pipe (I hope KBV Handsome Stranger will be as good for me when BMP runs out) in a Jansen's N.O. bent volcano with saddle stem. I'm having a cup of Colombian and reading a book. When I'm finished I'll get ready to head off to church with the missis.
20240608_104900.jpg

Good morning BoBs and a Happy Sunday to all. This morning it's Tumbleweed in the Calabresi bent brandy with cowboy coffee. Full schedule today. Honor Guard event at 9, then a Legion Riders jaunt down the mountain to Yarnell for lunch. Back to the Prescott Post for a celebration of life memorial for our fallen sister who was killed on a ride in New Mexico. Hope everyone has a great day.

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken primavera and sugar snap peas dinner with a bowl of freshly made chocolate pudding for dessert. I'm smoking year 2019 Seattle Pipe Club Deception Pass plug in a smooth straight brown late 1930s Linkman’s Dr. Grabow Deluxe Bruyere 9703B pot with a nickel accent and a black tapered vulcanite stem. Watching the Braves-Pirates game, and getting ready to clean a few pipes.
View attachment 19807

Do you smoke a pipe blend that contains cigar leaf? I sometimes mix dark air cured locally grown tobacco with my pipe blends which gives a bit of cigar taste.
Well, I have a couple of tins of McClelland Dominican Glory (one opened one not - purchased 7/02) one maduro & one natural. It's been a while since I tried the maduro opened one. The unopened tin is now worth so much $$$, I'd rather sell it. So to answer your question, no, I haven't smoked much cigar leaf or blend it in with other blends. I'll have to dig into my stash and try my opened MC maduro tin. Lord knows it's well aged.

Half way through this bowl of pre-2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Listening to the Braves-Pirates game on the XM since the TV broadcast is on Roku. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Just fed Sleepy Suzy and Molly Danger, who still won't leave the bed room because of Sam the Scamp, who ate earlier. We're getting Sam Spayed in a couple of days, and then she can go after the Fat Man without getting pregnant. :)
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Not far from finishing this bowl of year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Turns out I can Roku on my computer without signing in to anything, so I am watching the ball game.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg