What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now smoking year 2014 Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match in a late '80s, early 90s small bend medium brown smooth, unbranded Nording pot with a couple of small rusticated spots, an amber colored acrylic ferrule and tapered stem in the military mount style.
Nording_pot_unbranded.jpg

Here's Shy Orange Tabby when he was six weeks old, followed by a photo taken last week by his owner. His name is Ringo and he's now just over four and a half months old. He certainly has changed in such a short time.
ShyOTLap1.jpg

Ringo2_July31.jpg

Now smoking year 2014 Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match in a late '80s, early 90s small bend medium brown smooth, unbranded Nording pot with a couple of small rusticated spots, an amber colored acrylic ferrule and tapered stem in the military mount style.
View attachment 20728

Here's Shy Orange Tabby when he was six weeks old, followed by a photo taken last week by his owner. His name is Ringo and he's now just over four and a half months old. He certainly has changed in such a short time.
View attachment 20729
View attachment 20730
What a nice guy he is!

Enjoyed a tasty golden delicious apple, and am smoking and reviewing Drucquer & Sons Rule Britannia in a 1986 three quarter bend Bacchus face CAO meer with a tapered dark tortoise shell colored acrylic stem. It's a strong English blend. Watching the Dodgers-Phillies game.
View attachment 20727
Jim, let us know when you post the review. Always curious about strong English blends.

Smoking the Pete 307 system with PA this AM. Beautiful morning, a couple of deer passed by earlier. I’m batching it now, momma is moved to the city. Our relationship is strong enough to pull this off. I love the woman but as elderly ppl our needs are different, we both understand this and will flourish. A quote “I find it wholesome to be alone the greater part of the time. To be in company, even with the best, is soon wearisome and dissipating. I love to be alone. I never found the companion that was so companionable as solitude.” Henry David ThoreauView attachment 20717
I'm sure it will work for you Dreamer. Had a couple of times in the past when I had to endure separation. When I worked for the airlines back in the 80s I went to MSP and ATL for my job. Wife didn't want to move away from her family so I commuted home on weekends. It was a tough 5 years. I would disagree with Thoreau however. After 10 years together I can't even imagine being without my wife. I'm okay doing things alone, but the quiet times we spend together make the rest of our lives more enjoyable. She is more than companionable, she is my best friend, my soul mate, and the light of my life. I love spending time with her and never want to not be with her. Solitude is fine for a while but not long term. My 2 cents worth.

On the bluff looking down at the creek through an opening in the fence row. In the back of my F150 in a folding camp chair with the little side table. I love simple things and times. On the menu is 2024 Steamworks in my first bought house pipe from B&G (Bowling Green) Pipes. This is a good cheap briar that is a great smoker. Also, pictures of yesterday's county fair parade. This shows the heritage of our wonderful county just outside of the Big City (Nashville).
20240807_103237.jpg
20240806_173017.jpg

20240806_173044.jpg

Passing the quarter mark of this bowl of pre-2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Going to feed the ferals as soon as Molly Danger finishes her meal. I was happy to see her come out and go to the kitchen on her own. It's the first time that she's done that for lunch since all the drama with Sam and her scampers started. Sleepy Suzy's already eaten.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Did a set of walking reps under cloudy, steamy skies, and have a third of a bowl left of Drucquer & Sons Rule Britannia in an undated, unbranded straight lattice meerschaum military mount with a silver cap and tapered yellow acrylic stem. I'm finally getting a handle on what this blend is. Lunch follows this smoke.
Unbranded MM meer.jpg

Enjoyed a tall stack of cinnamon raisin French toast, a couple of two egg, ham and cheese sandwiches with a golden delicious apple, and unsalted peanuts on the side for lunch. It rained a little while I had lunch, but it stopped long enough for me to do a second set of walking reps in the steam and heat. I'm not far from finishing this bowl of Drucquer & Sons Rule Britannia in a 1986 three quarter bend Bacchus face CAO meer with a tapered dark tortoise shell colored acrylic stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
CAO-Bacchus.jpg

A friend I've known for over 50 years and his wife came into town yesterday. We showed them a little of Lexington's surrounding horse country, and this morning we took them to Claiborne Farm, where so many great thoroughbreds, including the magnificent Secretariat, were put to stud. The evening is cooling off, and I'm enjoying Wilke Royal Admiral in a Peterson Mycroft. My drink is Ballantine's Scotch over ice, and I'm listening to the audiobook of Post Captain, the 2nd volume in Patrick O'Brian's Jack Aubrey/Stephen Maturin series.

20240521_214006.jpg

Here's the missus, petting a stallion worth $80 million:

20240807_114736.jpg

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, a rack and two thirds of baby back ribs, mashed potatoes, and sweet corn dinner with a bowl of freshly made strawberry ice ream for dessert. I've a third of a bowl left of year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. It's too humid for coffee, so ice water and bergs is my drink. Watching the Braves-Brewers game with Sleepy Suzy by my side. Molly Danger is snoozin' in the bed room. Daisy the Feral Princess is snoozin' on her blanket. The other ferals are outside.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

Good Morning!
It's a chilly, sunny morning and I did more chores than I expected. I'm starting off with GLP Westminster in a bent MM Apple Diplomat along with coffee as usual. I was too busy to post yesterday and mainly smoked refills of Westminster in Rob Roys from the to be cleaned rack. Today may be just as crazy as yesterday!