What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a pleasant morning in the Bluegrass and I'm enjoying KBV Burley Morning Pipe in a Jansen's N.O. bent volcano with saddle stem, a cup of Colombian coffee, and a book.

20240804_083421.jpg

Not far from finishing this bowl of pre-2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. It started raining last night, and it's still pouring down with a fair amount of wind. Just glad we have power. We left Daisy the Feral Princess in. The others have scattered to safe spots somewhere outside.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

A third of the way through this bowl of year 2012 Prince Albert in a 2020 smooth light brown, slight bent J. Everett straight grain chubby author with a spalted birch ferrule and a black saddle vulcanite stem in the military mount style. For some strange reason, Daisy the Feral Princess wanted to go outside, so I let her. Tomato the Brave and Harry the Hairy were at the door, so I let Tomato in to eat, and he was very hungry. Harry ate outside although I know he wanted in, and while I can't blame him for that, I can't let him in. Daisy decided hard rain and wind were not for her, so she ran back inside. After Tomato ate, he was all over the den and kitchen, back and forth, back and forth, and he just didn't seem to be able to settle down. I have plenty of things to do here, so I put him out to save what little sanity that I have this morning. ;) Daisy is at my feet while Sleepy Suzy is by my side. Molly Danger is in bed with m'lady. Dunno where Abner the Eager is.
J.Everett_Author.jpg

Good morning and happy Monday.
I'm understanding blends well enough now to mix two of them and enjoy what comes out the other end; I know its novice stuff for you all.
Match Model and Sutliff Chocolate Mousse together wasn't a risky mix and it tasted fine.
I used to really like Model match when I smoked mainly burleys. Flying Dutchman match is pretty good too.

Now smoking year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. The Braves-Brewers game will start in a half hour, so I'm going to clean the kitchen in the mean time. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

Good morning BoB.

Smoke laiden skies have returned to centeral Oregon.

This morning it was Captain Black Royal in my mm cob, I wanted something sweet. Drinking cold water and listening to the Bob Hope Program's 250th radio broadcast which features Edward G. Robinson as a guest. I wish I had the blend to enjoy while I listen!

Good morning fellow BoBs. Well I'm cheating, again, lol. Really missing my morning smoke with you guys so having Zippos fav Hobbits Weed in a Pete Xmas 2021 Milverton with my 3rd cup o Joe. Waiting to get the pathology report from the biopsy of my lung. Heading down to serve lunch to homeless vets in a bit. Have a great day everyone.

Enjoyed a tall stack of cinnamon raisin French toast with a golden delicious apple and unsalted peanuts on the side for lunch. I'm smoking year 2016 Peter Stokkebye Luxury Navy Flake in a straight smooth terracotta 2014 Sherlock Holmes Baker Street bulldog with sterling silver band and a tapered black p-lip stem. Watching the Brewers slaughtering the Braves.
Peterson Sherlock Holmes BakerStreet_Terracotta.jpg

Earlier, I smoked a bowl of year 2012 Esoterica Dunbar in a smooth straight, dark brown early 1960s Lane era Charatan Selected 43 Dublin with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. This pipe was formerly owned by actor William Conrad.
Conrad-Dublin copy.jpg

I followed that with a bowl of Uhle’s Blend 71 in a 2018 smooth full bend Peterson Premiere 312 billiard with a silver cap military mount and a black vulcanite saddle stem with a p-lip.
Peterson_Premiere312.jpg

Currently, I'm close to finishing this bowl of unreleased 2021 Sutliff VaPer in a mid-2000 decade Tom Eltang straight black sand blasted canted AJ Dublin with a cream and brown horn ferrule, and a tapered black acrylic stem. It'll likely be done by the time I post all of this. :)
Tom_Eltang_AJDublin.jpg

A little Borkum Riff in my little Lorenzetti with a mug of coffee. Short day at work, a gong-show tournament of 172 contractors is in. Will be a big clean-up tomorrow. It was cool and drizzling, too. I had a big nap - six hours - when I got home. It will be hard to sleep tonight and a really busy day tomorrow. Oh well....

Attachments

• Lorenzetti 84 Avitus.jpg
    Lorenzetti 84 Avitus.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Passing the first third of this bowl of Sutliff Silver Quarter 175th Anniversary Blend in a very early Ascorti straight New Dear KS billiard with a carved shank and a black acrylic stem. Working on a review of this blend. I don't know when it goes on sale, but here's a photo of the tobacco.
Ascorti_NDKS_billiard_carved.jpg

svC7XaOF.jpg

Being that I'm on a cigar blend streak, I opened the GLP Robusto, and, wow, what an interesting tin note. It reminds of something I've smelled of tobacco before-sort of aged and mature. Pease recommended a small bowl, so the Little Algerian is back in action. I like it because sometimes I just want to smoke something funky not unlike a strong cigar. This is the ticket but subdued. It has Maduro leaf in it, and those were my favorite cigar wrapper types. I'll shortly go on a Jeep ride with the top off, and blow some smell off me 😉.

Decided to have a bowl of Smooth Black and Gold Cav in my MMBB with a beer. Short visit by my younger sister today, her youngest's birthday today so I sent gifts home with my sister. Both her daughters still love to read so I try to encourage that.

Attachments

• MMBB.jpg
    MMBB.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0