What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a pleasant morning in the Bluegrass, where the forecasted high is 72°. I'm smoking Straus Sleepy Hollow in a Jansen's N.O. bent volcano with vulcanite saddle stem. I'm drinking Folger's Colombian, and reading a book.

20240318_151635.jpg

A third of the way through this bowl of pre-2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Fed all the ferals except for the absent Abner the Eager. He'll likely show up soon. Watching Mad Dog Russo with Sleepy Suzy by my side.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am a quarter of the way through this bowl of year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Gold Star Jamaican Estate Reserve, neat, is my drink.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

Now smoking C&D Warped: Scarecrow 2024 in a 1960s Austrian meerschaum bent apple with a tapered yellow stem. I just got this tin, and it goes on sale tomorrow a 6 p.m. EST. I'll try to get a review out before then. Luckily for me, I am familiar with the past versions.
Austrian_meer_apple.jpg

Ok, I may be new here, but these posts really humor me - none of them reveal a pipe that has actual burning tobacco in it. Further, I believe some, maybe even a lot of them, were made using file photos.:LOL:
Some like me hate doing selfies. Hope you'll join in and post some smokes. More smoke posts are always a good idea.

A quarter of the way through this bowl of C&D Warped: Scarecrow 2024 in a 1986 three quarter bend Bacchus face CAO meer with a tapered dark tortoise shell colored acrylic stem. Working on a review of it. The white burley seems stronger this time. Watching the Tigers-Guardians game.
CAO-Bacchus.jpg

Ok, I may be new here, but these posts really humor me - none of them reveal a pipe that has actual burning tobacco in it. Further, I believe some, maybe even a lot of them, were made using file photos.:LOL:
Figgy Pudding in a 2024 peterson christmas 03. With burning tobacco in it for Peter.

20241010_182823.jpg

Some folks do use the same photos so as to not have to take pictures every time they light a pipe.

Having some Exclusive in my Rossi lumberman sitter now. Still nursing the cafe Cuba. Noticed a 20% off sale on C&D by SP yesterday, so now I'm feverishly trying to rein in my impulses and making an order list at the same time. I am looking at Haunted Bookshop, Old Joe Krantz, Crooner, and possibly Three Friars (1/4 lb each). I can't justify ordering anything I already have. Or can I?:unsure:

Ceci n'est pas un photo de stock.
Rossi 8824 Lumberman.jpg

Good morning BoB,
I've got a new(to me) pipe in which I had a bowl of Peterson EMP this morning. The seller said it's a Sir Hubert Blasted Prince. Due to some easily fixable bowl damage, I got it for only a dollar. I couldn't find anything about Sir Hubert pipes anywhere so I don't have any info in this thing. No markings. Smokes very well though!

Has anybody ever heard of this brand?
I like the cant on that bowl. From pipedia:
Sir HubertWeber Pipe Co.; Jersey City, NJ

Having some Exclusive in my Rossi lumberman sitter now. Still nursing the cafe Cuba. Noticed a 20% off sale on C&D by SP yesterday, so now I'm feverishly trying to rein in my impulses and making an order list at the same time. I am looking at Haunted Bookshop, Old Joe Krantz, Crooner, and possibly Three Friars (1/4 lb each). I can't justify ordering anything I already have. Or can I?:unsure:

Ceci n'est pas un photo de stock.
View attachment 22162
That seems to be my timing, as I order from SP, then they have a good additional sale.

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, cod and snow peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm half way through this bowl of C&D Warped: Scarecrow 2024 in a medium bend fumed tan crackled year 2020 Ahmet Govem reverse calabash meerschaum with a military mount silver band and black acrylic stem. Not far from finishing this review. Still watching the Tigers-Guardians game. Ice water and bergs is my drink for now.
Ahmet Govem reverse calabash meer.jpg

Harry the Hairy always comes to the door when we open it, but the past week, he's been sneaking in before we can stop him. I let him roam for a minute before I picked him up, scratched and rubbed his back a little, and then put him back out. I'm just glad that Molly Danger didn't see him.
HarryDeckLook1.jpg

A third of the way through this bowl of year 2010 Mac Baren Burley London Blend in a 2017 smooth, straight medium brown made in France Comoy’s Riband 298 Canadian with a tapered black vulcanite stem. I'll end the day with this smoke. Fed all the ferals, and my cats. Reading while this bowl lasts.
Comoy's_Riband298_Canadian.jpg