What are you snuffing?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Blackhorse":t5tp4wwd said:
I've a brand new tin of SD just in...I really should crack it.

Note: Mr S has great specials on most Fribourg & Treyer Tins currently... a 50 g tin of SD is going for eight bucks. Nice.

Other blends too, of course.

I'm due for an order soon, so I might jump on it while the sale is on. Actually, for the first time in a long time there's nothing "new" that I'm looking to order to try - just stocking up on Viking Dark, SG Black Coffee, and Santo Domingo.

Meanwhile, I spent sometime this morning with a mix of Viking Dark and Santo Domingo. Individually, excellent. In combination, not great. Back to straight SD.

Yep, my understanding is that they're the same.  My sniffer agrees.

The Black Magic is a few quarters less expensive that the Viking, if you buy the 25g tins.  But I snuff so much of it that I'm actually going to be ordering the 500g can, which is only available as Viking Dark.  And that's BETTER than half the price!

Current prices at MrSnuff
Viking Dark, 25g for $5.89 = 23.5¢ per gram
Black Magic, 25g for $5.09 = 20.4¢ per gram
Viking Dark, 500g for $49.98 = 9.99¢ per gram.

But the, I guess you've gotta reaaaaaalllllly love the stuff to by 500 grams' worth!!!

Hopefully "the can" is wide enough to fit your head into.

Snuff Trough! :drunken:

So...they still deliver in a 50 gal drum, right?

DGF-55.jpg" style="width: 300px;height: 300px

Old Mill Greyhound, courtesy of gravel, who bombed me with a load of samples... 8)

According to the maker this is a lighter tobacco base infused with gin, grapefruit (makes sense), and Himalayan sea salt. :?:  This is a very nice snuff. Smells lightly sweet and grassy. I get a constant hint of fenugreek and something akin to fresh curry leaves. The finish is quite long. Smells like I have a couple flakes of Orlik Golden Sliced dangling under my nose. Good kick, too.

Thank you, gravel!

SG Cola. Wow, this is surprisingly good.

More of a mellow Frankincense incense like aroma, than a Coca-Cola flavor.

F&T Morocco, also courtesy of gravel. Smells oddly like these plastic army men I used to play with.

Blackhorse":l6chakh2 said:
Operation Morocco.
I am going back in for another round. There's a heavy nostalgia factor with this operation. :p

Wilson's C&M from gravel, that's how he marked it. I am assuming this is Camphor & Mild, and not Cherry & Menthol.

Very nice. In the realm of what I would expect from a good SP. Quick finish, beckons you to come back for more.

Yeah, CM is Camphor and Mild. I was also quite surprised by SG Cola.

For me, Old Mill Greyhound has been a steady companion this week.

I even had a Greyhound last night to complement this great weather.

Blackhorse":bxhsjx0x said:
So Gravel...how do you get Old Mill snuffs?
I am beginning to wonder the same thing. Greyhound is damn good.

Apparently they are available to order from @chefdaniel at the Snuff house site. But you have to be a member to access the PM function there, and though I've tried to register three times, no one is answering.

his website is www.oldmillsnuff.com I suppose you could contact him there as well

Status
Not open for further replies.