What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good morning BoB!
Today I'm having more of the Lane Hazelnut / Sutliff Chocolate Mousse mixture in my mm cob. Its growing on me, though I'll be glad to be rid of it once its all smoked.
I won a pipe in an auction for around 1/3rd of the normal sale price. Its a Bjarne Viking Copenhagen 117 and I'm excited to get busy smoking it. I definitely prefer straight stems but beggers can't be choosers and I'm happy to be smoking something other than a cob. I think this will end up being my latakia pipe.
It's the pipe and fancy green tea for breakfast as usual and I'm listening to an audiobook recording of Charles Emerson's 1913, In Search Of The World Before The Great War.
Work is steady and not stressful, thank God.

Attachments

• 20241025_083253.jpg
    20241025_083253.jpg
    1.1 MB
A touch of chill in the air this morning as the earth turns on its axis towards winter. I’ve seen only one small buck today. Smoking my MM Bent Gent with PA. This thing has become just an awesome smoker. No plans for today, anxiously waiting for my 74 YO bride to come Tuesday

Attachments

• IMG_0597.jpeg
    IMG_0597.jpeg
    1.9 MB
Last edited:
A third of the way through this bowl of pre-2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. M'lady fed all the ferals except for the still absent Abner the Eager. She fed Sleepy Suzy and Molly Danger, too, although Suzy wanted more food when I got up. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

@JimInks, any news of Abner the Eager?
I'm afraid not. I know he goes to at least one other place, which may be his original and regular home, and perhaps he is there. The last time he hurt his paw, he was gone for almost two weeks. There was another time when he hurt his hip, and he disappeared for a while. Animals tend to hide when they are hurt for self protection, so I assume that is what he's doing.

Last edited:
I'm afraid not. I know he goes to at least one other place, which may be his original and regular home, and perhaps he is there. The last time he hurt his paw, he was gone for almost two weeks. There was another time when he hurt his hip, and he disappeared for a while. Animals tend to hide when they are for self protection, so I assume that is what he's doing.
I've seen that, too, hopefully he turns out to be okay.